Lunyr is an Ethereum-based crowdsourced encyclopedia that rewards users with app tokens for peer-reviewing and contributing information, thus providing reliable, accurate information. The LUN tokens will be used to place ads on the platform. They function as part of the incentive system to drive contribution, peer review, and dispute and quality resolution. That platform itself is a crowdsourced decentralized knowledge base where contributors earn LUN tokens.
Lunyr's mission is to develop solutions that fundamentally change the way we publish, store, and exchange information. Through the use of blockchain technology, we enable individuals to capture the world's knowledge in a medium that is ubiquitous, censorship-resistant, and immortal.
The Lunyr token will be used as a means of payment to reward content creation on their digital knowledge base platform that is built on Ethereum. 15% of the proceeds earned from advertisement will be donated to the Lunyr foundation and the remaining 85% will be given to content creators as a reward.
Over the month long ICO period 47,923 ETH was raised which had a value of approximately $3,400,000 at the ICO close (26th April, 2017). From the tokens created 78% were allocated to crowdsale investors, 15% to founders, employees and advisers, 5% for marketing and promotion and finally a 2% allocation for a bug bounty. More specifically the team plan to spend the funds raised in the following manner:
|Fund Raised (BTC)||47,923 ETH|
|Fund Raised (USD)||3400000|
|Start Price (USD)||1.61|
|Security Audit Company||N/A|
|ICO Legal Form||Corporation|